All Parents and Carers are members of the GPS PTFA, and the PTFA committee is a dedicated group of people who work tirelessly to add to the experience of the children at Gillingham Primary School.
THE AIMS OF THE PTFA
- To provide children with ‘experiences’ and resources to enhance their learning
- To ensure the PTFA support and reach every child in the school
- To quickly reinvest money raised into the school
- To evaluate the impact of purchases and use this to guide future spending
- To run events which contribute to the life of the school
The PTFA committee aims to runs events which contribute to all children’s experience of school life, whilst raising plenty of funds for our school funding projects. Some examples of key events include:-
- Halloween Disco
- Cake Sales (which subsidise school trips)
- Christmas Fayre
- Easter Disco
- Mother’s Day Sale
- Nearly New Sale
- Father's Day Sale
- Summer Fayre
- Summer Disco
Whether you are keen to get stuck into a committee position, or just want to help out at occasional events, the PTFA want to hear from you! We are always looking for new ideas to raise funds for the school – maybe you have a fantastic idea, or a suggestion of something you would like the PTFA to fund. Whatever the reason, your contribution will always be valued and we look forward to hearing from you! Our committee meetings are quite informal, and we nearly always have cake.
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a note for our secretary at the school office.